Saturday, September 1, 2012

Beginning of a New Chapter

Rock Our World 2011
This week marks the first week of a change in my journey as an educator.  For the last 14 years, I have been a teacher of children.  I started at the middle school level but fell in love with the elementary level. I was blessed with the ability to work in a bilingual setting where I could continue to foster my love of the Spanish language.  It was the bilingual setting and the challenges that faced my students that helped push me to use technology.  I was able to see how technology inspired my students to challenge themselves to create, learn, and communicate more.

I am now taking a slightly different path into technology integration and math resource.  As I watch the beginning of the year roll out around me, I can't hide the lost feeling inside.  Part of who I am is changing.... no more spending tons of money on classroom supplies.  Instead I am combing the internet for app deals, stylus bargains, and technology ideas.

Next week will be the first time in 14 years that I am not opening the doors to the wonder of "my kids" rather I am taking a much larger journey with both adults and children.  I already realize how dedicated the teachers of my new school are and what an adventure this will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment