Friday, December 28, 2012

Copyright and Youtube

In the previous post, I shared my journey of creating a mashup using Haiku Deck and iMovie.  After several changes, I uploaded by last video with more upbeat music.



A few hours later I was looking at my video manager on youtube only to find the following:

I was a little stunned to say the least since I spent a good amount of time struggling with the musical choice or lack of in iMovie.  Finally I settled on the upbeat music that you can hear in the video.  So I quickly defended my video since it has always been my understanding that iMovie jingles are copyright and royalty free.

Here is my response.

As I did more searches, I have found that many youtube videos are being disputed by APM Music.  I feel like I have a good understanding of copyright and I find it curious that someone found a video by little old me in less than 5 hours to dispute the sound recording.

UPDATE on Jan. 3, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment