Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Google... I think I'm in LOVE


So here is the process if there are any other souls out there who want to do surveys but are spreadsheet challenged.

After doing a survey for a university class I am taking, I sat and looked at the spreadsheet and thought... How am I going to ever process all of this information?  So I started playing around with the menu only to discover that I didn't have to do the work.... Google had already thought of that.  I feel like I hit a gold mine for myself today.  

After creating the form in google, sharing the link, and getting responses, here is a quick way to make your life more manageable.

Step 1 - Go to the menu bar under form and choose show summary of responses.
Google provides you with all of the information, bar graphs, percentages, everything your heart could possibly desire.

Step 2: Print the survey and transfer it into a PDF so that you minimize your work and can share the data.
Step 3: Share your survey in a professional way

So what did I learn?  I learned that surveys are really helpful for getting a better understanding of the people you are working with.  Now I have a survey that I can use at the beginning of the school year and I learned a way to not only create the survey but be able to share and interpret it.   Google did a beautiful job of designing a way to easily share the data.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment